Some people keep gifts for a lifetime, even passing them on to their children. And musical instruments are no exception. It’s common for families to pass down pianos, guitars, and drums as a way to connect and carry on tradition.
If you have a loved one that’s beginning to show an interest in music and you don’t have a family heirloom to gift, consider jumpstarting their hobby by purchasing a new instrument they’ll love.
The easiest way to gift a person who is interested in music is to offer something they can use for their craft. For instance, a new violinist would appreciate a high-quality model. If a drummer in your life already has a set, drum set thrones are fundamental for comfort and proper form.
Read through to learn more about gifts that you should give to your musical loved one.
- Is your friend talented at playing guitar, yet they don’t have the courage to get up in front of people? Get them a micro guitar amplifier to boost their confidence.
- For professional guitarists, you want to get them small useful tools that will enrich their sound. For instance, guitar straps with hot rod seat belts, a capo for quick key changing, or a steel slide would be great presents for guitarists.
The Music Producer
Music production is one of the most lucrative careers today. If you have a friend or relative who is pursuing this career, there’s a wide range of affordable gifts you can give them on special occasions.
It can be an external hard drive for additional storage, some new monitor headphones, or even monitor stands. You don’t have to spend a fortune buying an entire music production set; it’s the simple things that count.
Presents for the Piano Fanatic
- One of the most fundamental tools required by dedicated pianists is the piano stool. Since pianists spend a significant amount of time sitting on a piano stool, it would be helpful to get them an ultra comfortable one. It’s a great present for beginners and even intermediate pianists.
- Another beginner gift you should consider is the metronome. A metronome helps the learner synchronize their music faster. USB MIDI controllers are also good gifts for pianists who have started out with an older piano. This tool is a cheap gateway to modern sound recording and production software that is interfaced with the USB MIDI controller.
How to Please the Drummers
- A good way to please drummers is by helping to keep their drumsticks safe during performances and when they are on the move. You can achieve this by gifting them with drumstick holders and bags. Beginners, and sometimes intermediate drummers, tend to be less aware of the risks of damaging frequencies to the ear.
- Professional earplugs may aid in ensuring a safe start to their career.
- Practice pads suit drummers at all levels as they give a chance to quietly improve coordination and speed. A virtual beat counting metronome can also help the drummer sync and keep time.
- Cheap drum sets used by beginners have lower quality cymbals and are likely to get damaged after a while.
- So they can perfect their art, a higher quality set of cymbals would be the perfect addition.
- A precision drum tuner is also a perfect present for middle-level drummers. It helps the drummer accurately regulate the drum skin pressure to achieve the perfect balance.
Passionate music lovers won’t mind receiving a tool that will better their playing ability. Get them something out of the box that you think they would purchase!