Lasagna has had a very rich history being known as a delicious comfort food. So then what could be a better way to enjoy a night in, then over a warm and cheesy slice of Lasagna and a glass of wine to impress just about ANYONE? Nothing. So here I put together a super easy recipe to get you impressing your guests, or even just for you to enjoy — gotta love yourself too. 😉
Lately I been very inspired by Italian cuisine, which you may have noticed from my last Tiramisu recipe, pair that with this bad boy, and I cannot be responsible for the outcome… 😛 You’ve been warned!
Here I have put together my own cheesy spin on a classic Italian Lasagna recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef or a combination of ground beef and pork (or you can use one or the other)
- 2 jars of pasta sauce (whether homemade, Classico, or Garden select, just to name a few, I’ll leave that to you)
- 1 tub of Tre Stelle Traditional Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup of Tre Stelle Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped pinch black pepper
- 2 cups Tre Stelle Mozzarella, coarsely grated
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
For the most part, all easily available from your local Walmart, and can actually even be easily delivered using their new grocery delivery option — or any of your preferred grocers. 😉
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) — make sure there is nothing else inside before doing to. Been there, and done that.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the Tre Stelle ricotta and parmesan cheese. Then add the large egg, parsley and black pepper and stir. Make sure that everything is well mixed together, but there is no need to break down the ricotta, as long as it’s not in big clumps.
3. Then cover the bowl, with some plastic wrap, and refrigerate it until ready to use — but don’t let it exceed a few hours, we just want to keep it cool while we prep the rest.
4. Place ground meat–if both beef and pork, ensure they are both cooked separately to ensure proper doneness– in a large skillet and cook over medium high heat, for approximately 7 minutes.
5. Mix the beef and pork together, and drain the excess liquid from skillet and add pasta sauce. Simmer on medium low.
6. Place the meat sauce in an even layer across the bottom of the baking dish, not too much just enough to coat the bottom layer of the pasta which will follow.
7. Place a layer of lasagna noodles at the bottom of the pan, topped with one-third of the meat sauce, and then one-quarter of the cheese mixture. Carefully spreading the cheese mixture using a spatula to spread evenly.
9. Then repeat this process in the order of pasta, then sauce, and then cheese until the pan is full. Then ensure the last layer is always the cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes (the over should have already beeped that it’s ready). Feel free to add some greens sparingly for garnish if you really want to impress, right before serving.
Pro tip: If you use a smaller tray thats deeper, you can add more layers which looks more impressive (but don’t exceed 5 or 6). 😉
Allow to rest 10 minutes, then slice and serve warm. There you go, quick n’ dirty — under 10 steps, just about anyone can do it.
Now sit back, share a few slices, over some Netflix and Chill. You’re welcome. 🙂