Revolutionize Your Health in 2024 with MyFitnessPal and Kate Hudson’s 7-Day Challenge
As the dawn of a new year promises healthier living, globally acclaimed nutrition, and food tracking app MyFitnessPal has teamed up with Hollywood icon Kate Hudson to unveil the “Small Step, Big Wins Challenge.” This seven-day plan, curated in collaboration with Hudson’s fitness trainer, Brian Nguyen, invites Canadians on a transformative journey toward long-term sustainable health.
As an award-winning actress, author, and entrepreneur, Hudson has integrated nutrition and fitness into her daily life for many years. Having utilized MyFitnessPal for her nutritional tracking and wellness pursuits, Hudson’s partnership with MyFitnessPal is rooted in a shared vision—inspiring individuals to embark on small, achievable steps that lead to a healthier and more fulfilling life. Together with Brian Nguyen, her trusted fitness trainer, they present not just a challenge but an opportunity for users to embrace incremental changes that pave the way for a healthier and more vibrant lifestyle.
The Small Steps, Big Wins Plan: A Lifelong Blueprint for Health
The Small Steps, Big Wins Challenge transcends the typical New Year’s resolution; it’s a blueprint for lifelong health and introduces seven small, manageable changes that can profoundly impact health goals. From logging sugar intake to increasing hydration, the plan covers essential aspects of nutrition and wellness, complemented by Kate Hudson’s favourite affirmations, tips, and tricks for staying inspired through movement and delightful meals.
“This seven-day program includes great strategies like swapping out high-sugar foods and habit-stacking hydration. It’s empowering to learn more about how your body responds to nutrition, and I hope users will join me on this health journey,” says Hudson.
Along on the journey is Hudson’s renowned fitness trainer, Brian Nguyen, who explains the importance of combining effective movement with proper nutrition. “One thing I always work on with Kate is moving her body at least once a day. But to move our bodies effectively, we have to match it with proper nutrition. Tracking food with MyFitnessPal is an invaluable way to receive insights on what you’re putting in your body and helps you focus on habits that can be changed without having to overhaul your lifestyle,” Nguyen explains.
SWAGGER’s Expedition with MyFitnessPal to Kananaskis, Alberta
Before the Small Steps, Big Wins Challenge launched, Swagger Magazine had the opportunity to embark on an incredible journey with MyFitnessPal, where we explored the beautiful Canadian Rockies in Kananaskis, Alberta. During our 3-day stay at the tranquil Kananaskis Lodge, our team, alongside select media outlets, took part in a guided trek led by Kananaskis Outfitters through the breathtaking natural wonders. Sipping hot tea amidst the awe-inspiring mountains, we carefully tracked every step using the MyFitnessPal app. This adventure also provided the opportunity to learn about realistic goal-setting, which is perfect timing with New Year’s resolutions on the horizon.
The wellness adventure seamlessly integrated a series of activities, including VIP access to the Kananaskis Nordic Spa for a post-hike R&R. This beautiful hydrotherapy spa features hot pools, saunas, a cold plunge, steam cabins, and an exfoliation cabin surrounded by a scenic view of the mountains.
We had also the opportunity to speak with Australian nutritionist Michaela Sparrow, who shared her recommended 80/20 rule. This principle encourages nutritious choices 80% of the time while allowing flexibility for indulgences that cater to the body and soul for the remaining 20%.
Michaela Sparrow’s top tips for sustainable, long-term success:
Think “SMART”, a strong tool for setting effective goals:
1. Eat within 1 hour of waking.
2. Always eat breakfast, and eat 25–30 grams of protein for breakfast (high protein, low glycemic index).
3. Drink 25–3 litres of water every day.
4. Aim for 30 grams of protein at lunch and dinner.
5. No drinking coffee on an empty stomach.
6. Get some morning sunlight.
7. Block blue light after 7 p.m.
8. Get out in nature three times a week.
9. One tablespoon of fermented foods every day.
How does MyFitnessPal work?
MyFitnessPal is a user-friendly health companion that allows users to effortlessly track nutrition, calories, sleep, and essential components through the app’s intuitive interface. By tracking daily habits such as meals, fitness, and sleep, users can gain profound insights, enabling a focus on achievable goals for lasting change without the need for a drastic lifestyle overhaul.
Start 2024 off with a bang!
Unlock the transformative power of MyFitnessPal by downloading the app for free and joining Kate Hudson in the Small Steps, Big Wins Challenge by committing to making small changes for seven days. As Kate Hudson aptly puts it, “Celebrate your progress this week, give yourself grace, and keep going!”