Did you know that Tiramisu means “pick me up” in Italian? And this dessert is just that, a pick me up after a delicious meal, or maybe the perfect way to unwind and kick back after a dinner date, or maybe you just want to impress your special someone on a night in. Tiramisu is one of those treats that almost everyone knows and loves!
Here we have taken a boozy twist on this classic Italian favourite.
- Jell-O instant vanilla pudding mix, or an alternative of your preference
- Patron XO Cafe Liqueur, or an alternative of your preference
- Tre Stelle mascarpone cheese, or an alternative of your preference
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Lady Fingers
- Cocoa powder
- Berries to garnish, blackberries pictured here
For the most part, all easily available from your local Walmart, and can actually even be easily delivered using their new grocery delivery option — or any of your preferred grocers. 😉
1. In a medium bowl, make the pudding according to package instructions with the milk listed in the recipe. If for some reason your recipe calls for a different measurement, use that. Set aside to thicken up.
2. While the pudding is setting up, dip the top and bottom of each of the lady fingers in the coffee liqueur and arrange in rows in a 7×11-inch pan until the bottom is covered in one layer.
3. Add the room temperature Tre Stelle mascarpone cheese to the pudding mixture and use a hand mixer to whip them together until smooth. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture out over the top of the ladyfinger mixture in the pan making sure to cover evenly.
4. In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add half of the whipped cream mixture to the top of the mascarpone mixture layer in the pan, spreading out evenly.
5. Layer with another layer of coffee liqueur soaked ladyfinger cookies, then the remaining half of the pudding mixture and then the remaining whipped cream, leveling out the top layer.
6. Dust the top of the whipped cream with cocoa powder and place the whole pan in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours.
7. After the dish has set, use a large, sharp knife to cut the dessert into squares, serve with a strawberry, if desired.
There you go, quick n’ dirty. 😉
Now sit back, enjoy a slice, over some Netflix and Chill. You’re welcome.