If you suffer from a medical condition that causes tremors, pain, or mental anxiety, regular use of cannabis can offer some relief. In fact, there can be many benefits of pot use, and using it for medical reasons are legal in most states, if prescribed by your doctor. Here are just a few of those benefits:
- May ease anxiety and depression symptoms
- May ease tremors caused by Parkinson’s Disease
- Might reduce pain from chemotherapy, and helps to increase appetite
- May help reverse lung damage from tobacco use
- Could protect the brain after a stroke
- May improve the symptoms of Lupus
- Might Help ease PTSD symptoms
- Could help eliminate nightmares
With these benefits and more, it’s easy to understand why someone would want to use cannabis as part of their overall therapy; however, many people don’t like the idea of smoking pot. Luckily, there is an alternative. Using marijuana in foods and edibles is a great way to get the same health benefits without having to light up. Knowing how to make edibles can give you the variety you’re looking for.
- S’mores: Who doesn’t love a good s’more? Now you don’t have to wait until the next campfire. Spread melted chocolate onto a graham cracker and sprinkle some toasted pot on top; then, roast in the oven. Keep some roasted weed on hand to sprinkle on other things too, like toast, crackers, and even rice cakes!
- Smoothies: Love a smoothie for breakfast? Use some of your favorite fruits, including bananas, mangoes, peaches, berries or pineapple. Toss fruit into a blender, add yogurt if desired, and throw in a tablespoon or so of weed for a delicious breakfast.
- Brownies: If you love chocolate and love to snack, weed brownies can offer the perfect relief to pain and discomfort.
- Pot Butter: This is great to make up ahead of time and keep on hand for use in many different ways. You can use it to spread on toast, crackers, or put into your mashed potatoes.
- Cannabis Tea: While not exactly an ‘edible’, there are many shops both online and offline that sell cannabis tea. You can also make it yourself using ‘loose leaf’ weed in a steeper. If you want a real kick, drink your tea with a brownie!
It’s difficult to include exact amounts of pot to use when it comes to recipes. This is because marijuana quality differs greatly depending on where it comes from, how it’s grown and several other factors. Start off with smaller quantities so you get an idea of how you tolerate it, and increase slowly as needed.
Almost every medical condition has medication to alleviate symptoms and pain; however, many of these medications cause unpleasant side effects and can lead to other, more serious medical conditions. Marijuana offers an alternative to traditional medicine and is accepted as a viable therapy by doctors and holistic practitioners alike. Of course, like anything else, it should be taken in moderation and with the utmost care.
Marijuana can provide you with the relief you need from your medical condition; it can relax you after a long day at work, and it can relieve stress and anxiety. If you don’t like the idea of lighting up, learn to whip up some delicious treats in the kitchen, or sit back with a hot cup of tea after dinner.